Public Affairs Coordinator
As Public Affairs Coordinator at AmCham Belgium, you will help develop and implement the Chamber’s public policy strategy. This is a visible role, in which you will build relationships in order to keep a finger on the pulse of the international business community’s concerns in Belgium and represent the interests of our member companies to political stakeholders at all levels of government. You will report to the Policy, Finance & Administration Director.
What you tell your friends you do
"Hold on, I have them on speed dial."
What you will really be doing
- Positioning the Chamber as a leading voice in policy discussions.
- Developing relationships with a broad cross-section of our members in order to keep abreast of their policy concerns, in coordination with other team members.
- Developing a network of contacts within the political world at Federal and Regional levels, in order to gain an insight into the policy priorities of the Government(s), the political parties and political party study centers, especially in areas closely related to members’ concerns.
- Facilitating high-level delegation meetings with political stakeholders in order to communicate constructively with them on policy issues of concern to members.
- Acting as staff liaison for our Government Relations Forum and ensuring that members’ interests and positions are effectively advocated.
- Playing a key role in the implementation of public affairs campaigns related to our publications, position papers and other information products, in coordination with different team members.
Experience & skills
- You are trilingual in English, Dutch and French (essential); one of these being your mother tongue and having a high spoken and written level in the other two.
- You are a ‘people’ person, able to interact naturally with individuals from different backgrounds and points of view, experience and seniority levels, etc. You are able to build relationships of trust with members, political contacts and other stakeholders.
- You think strategically.
- You have a good understanding of the Belgian political scene (essential). Previous experience working with political stakeholders is highly desirable.
- You collaborate closely with colleagues to deliver a great member experience.
- You enjoy teamwork and have the ability to organize your own projects and communicate on their progress regularly.
- You are persistent in achieving your goals and understand the importance of follow up.
- A 6 months full-time contract, leading to a permanent contract.
- The opportunity to attend our events, where you will find inspiration and the chance to meet and interact with our high-level business and political contacts.
- The tools you need to do your job right, including new cloud applications like O365 and SugarCRM.
- An office in the heart of EU Quarter so there's plenty to do when you're not at work.
When and how you will apply
- Deadline is noon October 7, 2018. We do however reserve the right to make an appointment before this deadline.
- Send us your cover letter and CV (maximum two pages), by email to Ms. Sibille Allgayer at email@example.com with the subject “Public Affairs Associate – your name”
We will interview as of October 8, 2018, although selected candidates may be invited for an interview earlier.