POLICY ASSISTANT (PAID INTERNSHIP)
As Policy Assistant you will assist in the execution of AmCham Belgium’s public policy strategy, as well as with wider services to the member community, including for the AmCham Year of Healthcare.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team in Brussels, starting ASAP for a period of six months. This is a paid internship.
AmCham Belgium is a non-profit membership organization and one of the largest and most influential business organizations in the country. Founded in 1948, we have around 450 members who together strive for a more competitive and prosperous Belgium. We do this by representing our members in the public debate and by organizing all kinds of events to offer networking opportunities and a platform to share knowledge, best practices and issues affecting our members.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Assist with policy activities including the implementation of our 2019-2024 Policy Plan.
- Contribute to our research and publications, such as the Business Barometer reports, ensuring that these become a showcase for AmCham Belgium’s work and all member companies.
- Assist in updating the main website and other media channels (blog, member newsletter) in order for them to effectively communicate AmCham’s policy work and the work of the policy committees, as well as being a source of accurate information which encourages engagement for our member companies.
- Assist in the implementation of the Year of Healthcare (April 2020 – March 2021) by helping organize events and liaising with various stakeholders.
- Contribute to the work of our committees by arranging meetings and other events.
YOUR EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A first degree in public policy, governmental affairs, international policy, law or a related field.
- Experience of working in law, public policy and/or government affairs would be an advantage.
- You are familiar with the Belgian political scene.
- You are fluent in English (mother tongue or near-native level) and have a good command of either Dutch and/or French.
- Having experience in drafting reports or other publications is an asset.
- You are a ‘people’ person, able to interact naturally with individuals from different backgrounds and points of view, experience and seniority levels, etc. You are able to build relationships of trust with members, political contacts and other stakeholders.
- You are tech-savvy and familiar with Microsoft Office applications and able to learn and adapt to new systems and processes quickly.
- You have good organizational skills, are able to work independently and take responsibility.
- Like our mascot the bald eagle, you pay great attention to detail and accuracy.
AMCHAM BELGIUM TEAM
You will be working in a dedicated and international team and will support the policy team.
- A six-month paid internship contract (convention d’immersion professionnelle / beroepsinlevingsstage)
- The opportunity to gain insight into policy work and the Belgian political scene, as well as the opportunity to attend internal and external events where you will find knowledge, inspiration and the chance to meet and interact with our high-level business and political contacts.
- The tools you need to do your job right, including working with new cloud applications like O365, SugarCRM, Exact, NetResults.
- An office in the heart of EU Quarter so there's plenty to do when you're not at work.
WHEN AND HOW YOU WILL APPLY
- Deadline is Sunday, March 15, 2020. However we reserve the right to make a recruitment decision before the deadline.
- Please send us your cover letter and CV in English and in the format ‘LAST NAME First name’ by email to Ms. Cristina Munteanu at email@example.com with the subject line “Application Policy Assistant – LAST NAME First name”. Please do not include a photo in your CV or cover letter.
- Please let us know where you saw this position advertised, as well as your availability. We would like the chosen candidate to start as soon as possible.
- We are only able to consider candidates who are already based in Belgium and who have the right to work in Belgium (no assistance can be given in obtaining a work visa).
- AmCham Belgium is committed to ensuring a workplace that embraces diversity and provides equal opportunities for all, without distinction as to race, gender, age, marital status, social status, disability, sexual orientation, religion, personality, ethnicity and culture.
- While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.