By Baldwin Klep, Partner, Odgers Berndtson Brussels
After its successful launch last year, Odgers Berndtson again organizes, for top-students, the unique opportunity to spend a day at the side of a well-known Belgian CEO.
Five Master students from Solvay Brussels School, Odgers Berndtson’s exclusive partner for this special ‘CEO for a Day’ event, are being selected for a match-up with these five CEOs in February:
- John Heller - Argenta Bank- en Verzekeringsgroep
- Arnaud Feist - Brussels Airport Company
- Dominique Leroy - Proximus
- Olivier Chapelle - Recticel
- Philippe Delusinne - RTL Belgium
For the CEOs, it is an excellent opportunity to connect with the next generation of leaders and to better understand what drives them, and also to obtain favorable press coverage on their participation.
The participating students learn about the level of responsibility and the complexities faced by today’s leading executives, while also getting a feel for how these leaders create value in their organizations.
Last year’s CEOs clearly liked their experience:
- “My co-CEO forced me to think about my role, and I was also surprised by the positive reactions on the ‘CEO for a Day’ program from my team and other stakeholders that we had meetings with during the day.”
- “I would recommend this program both to students and to CEOs.”
- “It was an honor and a pleasure for me to participate in this fun project.”
The website www.CEOx1Day.be presents the enthusiastic testimonials from last year’s participants and the extensive media coverage on the CEOs and students in action last February.
“While ‘CEO for a Day’ is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for students to be inspired by some of Belgium’s seasoned business minds, the program is also a way of connecting today’s top leaders with the next wave of change,” said Luc Wouters, Managing Partner of Odgers Berndtson Brussels.
About Odgers Berndtson
Odgers Berndtson is a global leader in executive search, with more than 200 partners in 30 countries. The firm specializes in recruiting and assessing senior executives, thus helping its clients to build world-class leadership teams. In Belgium, its partners specialize in Industry, Finance, Information Technology, Consumer Goods and European Affairs.