Interel is marking its 30th anniversary by announcing a swathe of new Affiliates to its Global Network adding agencies from China, South East Asia, Japan, Bulgaria and Romania.
The move means that the Interel International Network now extends across the EU and EFTA, USA, Canada, Turkey, Brazil, India and China and constitutes a mix of hand-picked independent agencies and Interel’s own offices in the USA, Europe and India.
Agency CEOs will convene at the annual Interel International Network conference in Brussels on the 12th-13th June which will also be attended by prospective affiliates from Switzerland and Mexico.The conference is will also launch Interel’s Global Advisory Panel who have organised a panel discussion with:
- Jörgen Holmquist, former Director General DG Market European Commission, Senior Advisor to Interel
- Sir Stephen Sherbourne, Chairman, Interel UK & former political secretary to Margaret Thatcher
- Frans van Daele, former Chief of Staff of the President of the European Council, Herman Van Rompuy & former Belgian Ambassador to the US, EU & NATO.
- Sabine Lochmann, Director General, Strategic and Government Affairs, Johnson & Johnson Medical companies
- Abhinav Kumar, Chief Communications & Marketing Officer, Europe, Tata Consultancy Services
- Gregory Balestrero, former President & CEO of PMI (Project Management Institute) Board member, American Society of Association Executives, Senior Advisor to Interel
Fredrik Lofthagen, Partner and Interel Group CEO, said:
“Interel was established in Brussels in 1983 and the name is an amalgam of ‘international’ and ‘relations’. So welcoming the newest Affiliates to our Global Network and launching our Global Advisory Panel is an appropriate way to mark our 30th birthday. We have built our company from modest beginnings into a credible international force which is focused on public affairs, strategic communications, association management and digital.”