October 4 – 7, 2015
Interested in doing business in Georgia? Take part in the Flemish-Dutch economic mission to Atlanta with Minister-President Geert Bourgeois and the Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte.
Focus on sectors
- Financial Technologies
- Smart logistics
Atlanta, the new ‘hotbed’ of the US
The State of Georgia is one of the strongest high tech-growth regions in the US, and Atlanta rightfully claims to be ‘the next Silicon Valley’.
- Georgia is home to more than 93 financial technology companies, making it third in the US for FinTech. With 80% of all FinTech-companies present, all aspects of the FinTech-ecosystem are represented, with an important focus on ‘payment processing’. Many top companies like NCR, Worldpay and First Data have their headquarters in Georgia.
- Georgia is among the top three states in the US for information security. Over 25% of the worldwide security revenue market share is generated by companies in Georgia. The affiliated branch in Atlanta mainly targets enterprise- and consumer security. Its cyber ecosystem has a vibrant start up culture and is the second most popular place for IT-venture capital to explore new possibilities.
- With the world’s busiest passenger-airport and the 10th largest air-cargo hub in North America, Georgia offers a ‘major league’ gateway to the world. Georgia has become home to many major warehouse and distribution centres, due to its geographic corner stone location. With growing industry needs in the areas of e-commerce, mobile commerce, and end-to-end supply chain visibility, the demand for technology integration continues to grow rapidly.
What can you expect from this mission?
- A unique opportunity to share knowledge and exchange experiences with Flemish, Dutch and American entrepreneurs
- Participation in workshops, seminars, matchmakings and company visits, focused on FinTech, IT-security and smart logistics
- Ample possibilities to network with your current business relations and to get introduced to new potential business partners
- Participation fee: €500 for 1st participant, €250 for 2nd participant. Costs for travel and hotel are not included.
- Flanders Investment & Trade can offer you financial support (subsidies) for travel and hotel costs, under certain conditions.
- More information and registrations: http://bit.do/Atlanta_VL until 15 July 2015.