The Human Resources Committee’s role is to promote a Human Resources environment in Belgium which attracts and develops American business and its employees and contributes to their success.
Overall, the Committee aspires to pursue at least one amendment per year on minimum one piece of legislation that is significant for members in the area of Human Resources.
Improve the investment and employment climate through pursuing positive changes with Belgian governments aimed at:
- Reducing direct and indirect labor costs
- Reducing administrative burdens for employers and potential new employers
- Increasing flexibility in working conditions, remuneration and reward
- Filling shortages of qualified resources – via “active ageing” policies, mobility, etc.
- Improving transparency and simplification of the Social Legislation
The Committee aims to continuously improve the sharing of best practices between HR Committee members as well as the exchange of information with the AmCham membership, the other AmCham committees, Government authorities, other businesses and employers’ organizations, and employee organizations.
The Committee is dedicated to improving the investment and employment climates, focusing on labor costs, harmonization, pensions reform, immigration optimization, talent and education.
Subcommittees and Taskforces
- • Harmonized Status Taskforce
- • Immigration Taskforce
- • Labor Cost Taskforce
- • Pensions Taskforce